Clearing CSC Cache
If you have permission problems or inaccessible files after a network interruption, try reformatting your client side caching database. Here’s how in Windows 7 (standard warning about backing up your Registry applies here):
- Start the Registry Editor (Regedit.exe).
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Csc\Parameters. If the Parameters key doesn't exist, create it.
- Create a new value of type REG_DWORD (the 32-bit value) and name it FormatDatabase
- Set the data in this value item to 1.
- Close the Registry Editor and reboot.
A short video of this procedure can be found here.