Restore Permanently Deleted Objects in Outlook
If your mail is managed by Microsoft Exchange, you have the ability to recover permanently deleted items, including folders in Outlook.
Outlook 2010 and Later
- In Outlook, click on the Folder tab and select Recover Deleted Items. Mail in this window can be sorted by clicking on a column heading.
- Highlight the items you wish to recover
- Click the Recover Select Items button.
Previous Outlook Versions
- In Outlook, click on the Mail bar in the left navigation pane and make sure that All Mail Folders are showing.
- Navigate to and select the Deleted Items folder. (It will have an icon that looks like a waste basket with the recycle symbol on it.)
- From the Tools menu, select Recover Deleted Items.
Note that Folders should also appear on the list of recoverable items.